[School-of-data] Introduction to Data Warehouse for Laymen

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Fri Oct 3 17:35:38 UTC 2014

Hi Stefan,

Happy to see your drawings again. Love the piece!

Testing your piece as a layperson here :)

I’m also particularly interested in the drawing at the end:

* what’s a ‘probe’?
* do you have a drawing or an analogy to help further break down the
distinction in the statement: “So, do you really have a data warehouse or
just a database with tables?”
* You’ve mentioned what can go wrong in an actual warehouse when things get
messed up - I wonder if you have a way of conveying in a simple way the
ways you can actually mess up data warehousing?

Thanks for sharing - would love to hear more,

Lucy

On 29 September 2014 06:38, Stefan Urbanek <stefan.urbanek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think that you might be interested in this very basic introduction to
> the data warehousing that I put together:
>
> https://medium.com/@Stiivi/data-warehouse-for-laymen-a148c09a352f
>
> I would like to hear your opinion and whether you would like to hear more,
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stefan
>> I brew data
> *Home: *www.stiivi.com
> *Twitter: *@Stiivi

*Lucy Chambers*

Knowledge Director  | Skype: lucyfediachambers  |  tel (UK): +44 7909
330731  |
+49 1781427234

 @lucyfedia <http://twitter.com/lucyfedia>

Empowering through Open Knowledge