[School-of-data] What I learned from working on School of Data

Tom Longley tom at tacticaltech.org
Thu Mar 12 10:03:16 UTC 2015

Yes, this is an excellent read Lucy - thank you putting it together. I think it is the sort of story that many people will enjoy and relate to.

I like the section on techies [1], which resonates a lot with me as an avid tweaker and spreadsheet cargo-culter (thanks to you-know-who-you-are on this list for helping me solve stuff in the past! - I’m still probably re-using your code). I’m always struck by how much someone who considers themselves “non-tech” can actually do with even small building blocks, tiny forward steps  in the tools they regularly use. One of the key things - and that’s reflected in your post - is the huge difference it makes having accomplished people around you who help rather than write you off when you screw stuff up.

Greatly looking forward to the next post.

[1] http://techtohuman.com/5_in_5_people/#techies