[science-at] REMINDER: CfP Science 2.0 Track at i-KNOW & Keynote Announcement

Peter Kraker pkraker at know-center.at
Thu Jun 11 15:36:17 UTC 2015

Dear all,

once again, I would like to draw your attention to the Science 2.0 & Open Science Track at i-KNOW 2015. The deadline for paper/poster submissions is June 22.

At the same time, I am very happy to announce that Puneet Kishor will be our keynote speaker. Thanks Puneet for accepting our invitation!<http://punkish.org/cv/>

My co-chairs Klaus Tochtermann, Isabella Peters, Elisabeth Lex and I are looking forward to your submissions and we hope to welcome you in Graz in October!

15th International Conference on Knowledge Technologies and Data-driven Business
21-23 October 2015, Graz, Austria
http://www.i-know.at/
Important Dates
Full Paper Submissions (8 pages)
* Paper Submission Deadline: June 22, 2015
* Notification of Acceptance: July 20, 2015
* Camera-Ready Paper: August 10, 2015

Poster & Demonstration Submissions (4 pages)
* Submission Deadline: June 22, 2015
* Notification of Acceptance: July 20, 2015
* Camera-Ready Version: August 10, 2015

I-KNOW proceedings will be published by ACM ICPS

Science 2.0 & Open Science

The Science 2.0 & Open Science track at the iKnow 2015 particularly invites Web researchers from multiple disciplines (e.g. information science, computer science, sociology, communication and media studies, linguistics, educations studies, legal studies, etc.) to discuss the following topics:

* New publication and research processes and new paradigms for scientific communication
* Opportunities and challenges for researchers and research organizations
* Quality control in Science 2.0/ Open Science (e.g., metadata)
* New indicator systems to measure scientific quality (e.g., altmetrics)
* Epistemology and meaning of Science 2.0- and Open Science-related concepts
* Awareness-support for Science 2.0/ Open Science activities
* New feedback mechanisms among researchers and between science and society
* Empirical studies on the use of social media for Science 2.0/ Open Science as well as use cases
* Marketplaces for scientific data and publications
* Recommender systems in Science 2.0/ Open Science
* Virtual research environments and e-Infrastructures
* Digital research libraries and their role in Science 2.0/ Open Science
* Applications in and for Science 2.0/ Open Science
* Crowd-sourcing in science and citizen science
* Social mining and metadata extraction in academic resources
* Design and architecture of data sharing facilities
* Semantic web standards, data schemes and interoperability formats for Science 2.0/ Open Science
* Challenges in and reservations towards opening up scientific practices and using social media
* Legal dimensions in Science 2.0/ Open Science

Dr. Peter Kraker
Know-Center, Inffeldgasse 13/VI,
8010 Graz, Austria, www.know-center.at<http://www.know-center.at>

E-Mail: pkraker at know-center.at<mailto:pkraker at know-center.at>