[science-at] WG: [OpenCon] Peter Suber Webcast & this month's Community Call

Vignoli Michela Michela.Vignoli at ait.ac.at
Tue Aug 23 15:07:04 UTC 2016

Liebe alle,

Zur Info. Liebe Grüße!
Michela

Von: opencon-discussion-list at googlegroups.com [mailto:opencon-discussion-list at googlegroups.com] Im Auftrag von Joseph Mcarthur
Gesendet: Dienstag, 23. August 2016 17:05
An: OpenCon DISCUSSION LIST
Betreff: [OpenCon] Peter Suber Webcast & this month's Community Call

Hi everyone,

In the run up to Open Access Week, we’ve invited Peter Suber, Director of the Harvard Office for Scholarly Communication and author of the seminal book, Open Access, to discuss the state of Open Access. During the webcast, Peter will answer your questions submitted in advance and live on the advancement of Open Access and the future of the movement.

The webcast will be held on Tuesday, October 18 at 10am PDT / 1pm EDT / 6pm BST / 7pm CEST. You can RSVP for the w<http://www.opencon2016.org/peter_suber_webcast>ebcast here<http://www.opencon2016.org/peter_suber_webcast>.

In advance of Peter's webcast and Open Access Week this month the community call will be themed around Open Access Week. We'll be talking about:

  *   What the community should ask Peter Suber?
  *   Open Access Week's theme, ideas for the week, what you're all doing and how we can help.
You can RSVP for the call here<http://www.opencon2016.org/august_community_call>, which is next Wednesday at 12pm EDT / 4pm UCT / 5pm BST / 6pm CEST. We'll also hopefully have some time on the call for project updates, so please join if you'd like to give one.

Best,

Joe
--
OpenCon is empowering the next generation to advance Open Access, Open Data and Open Education. This group is for participants of the conference and community, either in person, at satellite events or through the webcasts, videos (etc) to interact, share updates, ideas and discuss relevant topics. So please, join in the discussion! We would love to hear about projects you're working on, questions you've got, news and events.

New to the list? Say hello: http://bit.ly/SayHelloToOpenCon. Your first post will be moderated (only because otherwise we get spam).
OpenCon code of conduct: opencon2015.org/code_of_conduct

Want even more? Check out our other community initiatives: OpenCon2015.org/community
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenCon Discussion List" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/opencon-discussion-list.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencon-discussion-list/CAL%3DrU5E7yK9LB7ZXG9k7BS2Pz5UmYqqXFiWD%2BeL_KU%2BTMHzErQ%40mail.gmail.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencon-discussion-list/CAL%3DrU5E7yK9LB7ZXG9k7BS2Pz5UmYqqXFiWD%2BeL_KU%2BTMHzErQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.