[science-at] WG: [OpenCon] Feedback for Open Science 101

Vignoli Michela Michela.Vignoli at ait.ac.at
Fri Jun 3 08:12:46 UTC 2016

Zur Info – liebe Grüße!
Michela

Von: opencon-discussion-list at googlegroups.com [mailto:opencon-discussion-list at googlegroups.com] Im Auftrag von Andreas Leimbach
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2016 18:46
An: OpenCon Discussion List
Betreff: [OpenCon] Feedback for Open Science 101

Dear list members,

as part of the Mozilla Lab Global Science Sprint (#mozsprint 2016) we have been looking at a project that aims to produce re-usable educational materials for Open Science, a 101 course. All materials will be made available under CC0, i.e. put in the public domain. This project and material are in the early stages of development. The material is available in GitHub and welcomes any sort of contributions:

https://github.com/OKScienceDE/Open_Science_101

We have narrowed down a list of topics that we think should be considered and these are available at:

https://github.com/OKScienceDE/Open_Science_101/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22topic+suggestion%22

For these topics we've created an etherpad with ideas and suggestions:

https://pad.okfn.org/p/OpenScience101topicsuggestions

We would welcome any feedback with regards to the suitability of the topics and/or if there are any missing topics. Also, we invite you to vote on each of these topics, if you think a topic is especially relevant, in their corresponding GitHub issues (linked in the etherpad) with a GitHub reaction function to a comment. Tomorrow morning we will count the votes and focus on the most popular topics to create our first draft material.

If GitHub is not for you, alternatively you can also use this SurveyMonkey survey for just voting:

https://de.surveymonkey.com/r/F7WFCDK

Thanks a lot in advance,

Open Science 101 contributors
--
OpenCon is empowering the next generation to advance Open Access, Open Data and Open Education. This group is for participants of the conference and community, either in person, at satellite events or through the webcasts, videos (etc) to interact, share updates, ideas and discuss relevant topics. So please, join in the discussion! We would love to hear about projects you're working on, questions you've got, news and events.

New to the list? Say hello: http://bit.ly/SayHelloToOpenCon. Your first post will be moderated (only because otherwise we get spam).
OpenCon code of conduct: opencon2015.org/code_of_conduct

Want even more? Check out our other community initiatives: OpenCon2015.org/community
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenCon Discussion List" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/opencon-discussion-list.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencon-discussion-list/d7d9954b-ce09-4312-ac47-07e7381d7334%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencon-discussion-list/d7d9954b-ce09-4312-ac47-07e7381d7334%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.