[OK-AT Open Science] Fwd: [open-science] Open Science in Austria

Stefan Kasberger stefan.kasberger at okfn.at
Sun Feb 17 22:37:04 UTC 2019

FYI

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [open-science] Open Science in Austria
Date: 	Sun, 10 Feb 2019 15:49:18 -0500
From: 	Peter Suber <peter.suber at gmail.com>
To: 	mail at stefankasberger.at <mail at stefankasberger.at>,
hello at stefankasberger.at, me at stefankasberger.at

Hi Stefan,

Since we last corresponded (in 2013!), the Open Access Tracking Project
has come a long way. If you or any colleagues would still be interested
in tagging OA developments in Austria, or any other OA-related news and
comment, I'd welcome your help.

Since we last corresponded about this, I've written a short introduction
to OATP that you might find useful.
http://bit.ly/oatp-intro

I've also written an introduction on getting started as an OATP tagger.
bit.ly/oatp-start-tagging <http://bit.ly/oatp-start-tagging>

Please feel free to share these URLs with colleagues, and let me know if
you have any questions.

     All the best,
     Peter

Peter Suber
bit.ly/petersuber <http://bit.ly/petersuber>

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 7:41 AM mail at stefankasberger.at
<mailto:mail at stefankasberger.at> <mail at stefankasberger.at
<mailto:mail at stefankasberger.at>> wrote:

    Hi Peter,

    how can we contribute to the collection? I think we can find some
    people over here to support this.

    cheers, stefan

    Am 2013-11-12 02:55, schrieb Peter Suber:
>     For open-access activities in Austria, see the library for the tag
>     "oa.austria" in the Open Access Tracking Project. You can also subscribe to
>     an RSS version of this feed through the "export" link in the upper right
>     corner of the page.
>     http://tagteam.harvard.edu/hubs/3/tag/oa.austria
>
>     If you want to follow the developments in another country, just replace
>     "oa.austria" in the URL above with another tag, such as "oa.brazil",
>     "oa.china", "oa.denmark", and so on. Likewise if you want to follow the
>     developments in a field, such as "oa.anthropology", "oa.biology", or
>     "oa.chemistry".
>
>     The "oa.austria" tag library is not complete, but it should be a good
>     start. If anyone at Open Science @ Uni Graz wants to help *build* the feed
>     by tagging OA developments in Austria, I'd be happy to say more about how
>     to do that.
>
>          Best,
>          Peter
>
>     Peter Suber
>     bit.ly/petersuber <http://bit.ly/petersuber>
>

>     On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 6:34 PM, mail at stefankasberger.at <mailto:mail at stefankasberger.at> <
>     mail at stefankasberger.at <mailto:mail at stefankasberger.at>> wrote:
>
>>      Hey,
>>
>>     During the actual project Open Science @ Uni Graz, we want to make Open
>>     Science in Austria more visible.
>>     So we've started to make a list of Open Science in Austria, from
>>     Scientists to Open Source Projects over Scientific Open Data to research in
>>     any of the various open science related fields.
>>
>>     So, if you know Open Science activities, like developing Open Source tools
>>     for research, promoting Open Research or sharing open research data and so
>>     on, please share it with us. There will be an blog post about this
>>     afterwards, where we will try to map most of the open science activities in
>>     austria.
>>
>>     Cheers, Stefan
>>     --
>>      *Stefan Kasberger*