[CKAN-Security] Vulnerabilities due to outdated sofware.

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Mon Oct 2 13:08:50 UTC 2017

At first sight there doesn't seem to be anything too critical here so we
can plan this a bit. I have very limited time available to work on CKAN
core stuff, which I'd like to focus as much as possible on the Flask
migration so it'd great if someone could help here (the grant that is
paying for my time is ending soon, but I'll update on that when I have more
details). Let's discuss on tomorrow's meeting and see what we can do.

This is a tricky one for published releases, as in theory we don't include
changes in requirements on patch releases (on master we should upgrade all
of these for sure).
Of course if a dependency presents a serious security issue we should
revisit this somehow. JS are simpler because we can just repackage them in
the source code but upgrading the python reqs would complicate the patch
install instructions which we aim to keep ultra simple to encourage people
to update so I'd double check if it's worth it before doing this.

On Pylons, Tyler started a PR for updating to the latest version that I
think is worth getting into master as it will be a while before we drop it
completely: https://github.com/ckan/ckan/pull/3382