[CKAN-Security] XSS for multiple sites

David Read david.read at hackneyworkshop.com
Thu Sep 14 17:41:40 UTC 2017

Tyler,

Good spot, and I agree it is a separate issue (which we addressed with
the recent changes).

I see that the source site that was harvested has the 'onclick' rubbish too:
http://gpdatasets.hscni.net/2017-2018.php
It seems more like bad PHP rather than an attempted attack, but I
don't know this area at all well.

I gather that the bugbounty site independently confirms the presence
of the XSS problem by running automatic tests. So no doubt you're on
the right path suggesting it is the search form or something similar.

David