[CKAN-Security] Fwd: ckan.org top page defaced?

chiaki-ishikawa-thunderbird-account chiaki.ishikawa at ubin.jp
Sat Aug 3 16:04:05 UTC 2019

Hi all,

It is past midnight, 01:00 am in Japan.

I am afraid the redirection of https://ckan.org comes back (!?).

I believe whoever has the way to inject the malicious code in the first
place has still the
path through which the injection was done, or may have a new path or new
paths.
Hmm...

Have you heard any news from other regions of the world?
If I am not mistaken, the redirection code may have an intelligence to
show me a webpage of a mail order house that is written in Japanese.
I am afraid the injection code write may be a skilled person who
incorporated the
intelligence to check the origin of access and show proper website
(i.e., pick up a language spoken in the accessing user's region/country.).
That a malicious code shows me a Japanese web page doesn't seem to be a
simple coincidence.

TIA

Chiaki