[CKAN-Security] ckan and mod_security2

Eli Agbayani eagbayani at eol.org
Mon Sep 23 16:22:37 UTC 2019

Hi,
How can I install mod_security for my CKAN.
I followed this tutorial:
https://tecadmin.net/install-modsecurity-with-apache-on-centos-rhel/
And installed successfully.

But my CKAN instance is not affected by it.

I've now installed apache mod_security2. And it is now enabled.
*SecRuleEngine On*
But how do I connect my CKAN instance with mod_security2 ?
It seems that my CKAN is not affected by mod_security2.
I've tried appending like http://myckan/folder?abc=/../../test
And I don't see in log that the access was denied.

Interestingly the other website in the same server was noticing the
mod_security
http://my_mediawiki/folder/?abc=/../../test
The log captured the mod_security in action.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks,
Eli Agbayani