[the-datatank] Demo at Datalift

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at okfn.org
Wed Oct 10 08:21:42 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Yesterday I did a demo of The DataTank at The datalift camp in Paris.
The project contributors seemed very much interested in the project.

The Datalift is a user-interface which will help you to lift your
data, from CSV/XML/... to ontologies. It seems like a very cool idea
to use The Datalift as a system to link our unstructured data inside
the RESTful webservice of TDT to link it to ontologies. In the future
they will have "macros" (which will allow you to do the same actions
repeatedly on datasets) and they will have a nicer user-interface
which is more The Semantifier alike.

Today I'm going to talk to mr Troncy of EURECOM to see if we can work
together on a next version of TDT/Datalift/...

Kind regards,

Pieter