[the-datatank] Tijd om TDT te gebruiken

Jan Vansteenlandt vansteenlandt.jan at gmail.com
Sat May 11 15:06:01 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

Indeed an interesting website (data.ofkn.org), their main focus however of
that website is creating/playing with a new data standard for tabular data.
Perhaps when this standard (datapackage/SFD) is really getting used by
people we should consider supporting it ourselves. As far as I can see, the
package mainly exists of meta-data in a json file, combined with the actual
data.

As for the pragmatic roadmap goes, yes testing needs to be implemented way
more, testing on formatters and headers requires some more work though than
the tests we currently have. We also need to use broken datasets, in order
to check how our code responds to incorrect data structures (e.g. a CSV
file with 4 columns, but has a defined column count of 5).

Kind regards,

Jan