[Wg-economics-advisory] Open Knowledge Festival in Helsinki, 17-22 September, 2012

Velichka Dimitrova velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org
Mon Sep 3 17:27:26 UTC 2012

Dear all,

I would like to draw your attention to one of the biggest and most
important event for our network this year: the Open Knowledge Festival -
http://okfestival.org/. The OKFestival is a week of participatory sessions,
keynote lectures, workshops, hackathons and satellite events in Helsinki
from September 17th to 22nd, 2012. This year two annual events (The Open
Knowledge Conference - http://okfestival.org/open-knowledge-conference/ and
the Open Government Data Camp -
http://okfestival.org/open-government-data-camp/) are united in one.

As the leading international open knowledge event, the Open Knowledge
Conference (OKCon) brings together over 400 top-level experts,
decision-makers, advocates, and researchers for two days of satellite
events, talks, workshops and discussions. The 2012 theme of OKFestival is
Open Knowledge in Action, looking at the value that can be generated by
opening up knowledge, the ecosystems of organisations that can benefit from
such sharing, and the impacts transparency can have in our societies.
OKFestival will feature 13 different Topic Streams, which include open
development and open knowledge for sustainability, all organised by teams
of Guest Programme Planners from around the world. We expect a diverse
international crowd of 600-800 participants, and we have prominent figures
in the field, including Hans Rosling, Karsten Gerloff, Warren Krafchik and
James Cameron joining to deliver the week's keynotes.

Some of the younger contributors of the Open Economics Working Group have
put together a panel on the Open Data for the Measurement of Social
Progress and a panel session on Open Energy Data:
http://okfestival.org/open-knowledge-and-sustainability/.

It you would be interested to come and contribute to any of the 13 topics
and would be in Europe during this time (e.g. The Knowledge Commons
conference in Belgium), please let us know and we would arrange details.

--
Velichka Dimitrova
Open Economics Working Group Coordinator