[Wg-economics-advisory] Meeting notes from Advisory Panel conference calls

Bronwyn H. Hall bhhall at berkeley.edu
Sun Jun 30 16:16:11 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I am sorry I was unable to participate in the recent conference
calls. Apparently I did not have the right software, and as I was
about to leave Berkeley for 2 months of travel (Europe and US
ocnferences) I did not have time to fix my computer.

I thought it might be useful for me to reflect on my experience with
making data public, so I wrote the attached which describes the
experience with some data I have used in recent papers, all the way
from public (patent data) to almost completely locked up (UK ONS), in
light of the goal of making at least the final data public. The
attached document does that - it's most useful function may be to
generate a taxonomy of data types with examples.

I hope this is useful.

Bronwyn

Bronwyn H. Hall
Professor of the Graduate School