[wsfii-discuss] a nominal registration 'nuisance fee'/local currency investment for WSFII?

Saul Albert saul at twenteenthcentury.com
Sun Aug 21 16:06:33 UTC 2005

Hi Harm,

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 02:09:21AM +0200, Harm Luebben wrote:
> .. or simply an entrance fee for which you get something to eat in addition.
> i think this will be totally ok. (i could imagine an entrance fee of 10
> pounds for equipment to be hired, i.e. microphones, etc.)

that sounds like a good idea. I think we'll be operating a
pseudo-currency (event currency) for the day. Greenman - one of the
limehouse town hall people will be printing the currency, althoug if we
have time we can try to use the sms/web/mail based CClite system that
Hugh Barnard: one of our presenters from the community currency stream
has been developing: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cclite/

> Is the'Lime' convertible with other LETS currencies?
> (Ok, despite of that, i should come clear with a 'community currency
> interchange standard' i would like to propose and discuss at the WSFII,
> but i need a few more weeks on that.)

I have a recording, made on my new fangled phone of Mary Fee, another
Community Currency streamer giving a really coherant little rant about
what an event currency is and how it works. Unfortunately, converting it
to a usable non-done-in format is too much of a PITA for me to bother
right now! argh! It'll have to wait for wsfii :)

Saul.