Book Sprint Tools was:(Re: [wsfii-discuss] a couple of things)

Julian Priest julian at informal.org.uk
Tue Aug 23 14:50:38 UTC 2005

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 04:28:15PM +0200, Tomas Krag wrote:
> Looks really nice.
>
> Generally I have to say though, that I am much more concerned about a
> good tool for creating the content, and much less worried about a tool
> for presenting it/creating a printable book out of it.

Just a quick note to say that I've had lengthy discussions in the past
with print designers about the non-triviality of auto rendering clean
print design from cleanly structured information - maybe they were
making a case for their profession but ..

.. as books about building networks in infrastructureless regions are
almost by definition most useful when paper is the best distribution
mechanism, it'd be worth thinking about the rendering/pod side of
things too.

> That's what i like about hieraki, it focuses on being a nice clean
> hierarchical interface for authoring a book, rather than including POD
> stuff.

It looks nice and you're right that authoring environment is most
important for now - the pod stuff can always come later - the sprint
is for writing after all!

chrs

~/julian