[wsfii-discuss] pre-announcement todo

Julian Priest consumercitizen at informal.org.uk
Wed Mar 2 16:29:35 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Great to see the ideas of the last few days coming up and I've just
been talking to Juergen about it all. He says he's happy with hosting
the 2005 event in London and likes the way its shaping up.

Also pls see below messages between Juergen and Arun about the 2006
event with Arun confirming that they would like to host it in India,
possibly in November. I also yesterday spoke to the Open Society
Institute and they signalled that they would be very interested in
getting involved in funding the 2006 event with its strong development
agenda which is all good.

Therefore if there are no objections we can now go ahead and announce
both events to a wider group of people maybe starting with potential
participants and spreading out slowly.

Here's what we thought should probably be included in an announcement
but we need to figure out a bit of detail.

0. Titles for both events

wsfii-europe
wsfii-2005
wsfii-prepcom
wsfii-01
wsfii
wsfii-2006
others?

1. wsfii2005 format

A week of workshops/sprint followed by a 2 day public event.

2. Dates

   September 2005
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
             1  2  3
 4  5  6  7  8  9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

I'd say 5th -> 9th workshop 10th -> 11th public event would be the
obvious dates - Anyone else have any ideas? Are there any clashing
'must see' things then?

3. Registration

Should there be a registration fee? Juergen suggested that they had
good experience with a very small registration fee (10 euros) in
Djursland which meant that they got an accurate idea of who was going
to come. Do we want to do this or is it gratis? Where can people
register? Do people sub to a list at this point or do we need a form
somewhere?

4. wsfii 2006 to be held in India

We just need to say that the first event is a preparatory one for the
2006 event, but leave all details out.

5. Anything else?

It would be great to get this sorted out and sent off in the next week
if possible, so please pitch in!

chrs

~/julian

----- Forwarded message from Juergen Neumann <j.neumann at xorxe.net> -----