[wsfii-discuss] worries and list membership

Saul Albert saul at twenteenthcentury.com
Wed Mar 23 14:50:34 UTC 2005

hello again,

just to respond quickly to amendments - for which many thanks :) my confidance
in going for this is restored :)

I think it was important to leave 'prepcon' in there - because although we're
widening the scope this year, it's not as ambitious in terms of big global
gathering as last year's freifunk summit in Denmark was...

so calling it WSFII 2005 might discourage other hubs from forming.. or make it
seem a bit arrogant in the global context of previous years.

but I think we're ready to go.

lots of other things are happening in October - which seem to cross over
nicely, and I'm quite hopeful we might find funding elsewhere for bringing
things over.

I guess now we move into preparation phase - securing venues, funding
applications, bringing more people on board.

If someone could take that phase-shift on, I'd be very grateful. I've been
putting this high on my priority list, but I have to move house and move
workspace in the next 2 days and will probably be in 10 kinds of chaos.. so if

I guess some more wiki work is needed, and sending stuff out to people on the
proposed streams list. I can do the ones I suggested - but those of you who
know others there (or on the ShouldInvite list on the wiki..) please go for it!

Saul.