[wsfii-discuss] RE: WSFII London

Juergen Neumann j.neumann at xorxe.net
Wed Mar 30 09:27:44 UTC 2005

Hi Tatiana,

thank you very much for your fast reply.

> Your event sounds really interesting!
> Have you read about our past hack.it.art event in Berlin?

Yes, that's why I am contacting you. But unfortunatelly I only heard about it,
but haven't been there.

> There are many groups in Italy working with technology with
> an open and collective approach...
> I could partecipate presenting an overview of the Italian
> free information landscape :-)...or do you have any other
> ideas about our partecipation?

Giving an overview about the Italian FII Landscape sounds good.
I have heard about people broadcasting their own TV-Programmes and other very
interesting stuff. The events we organize many times also have very practical
aproach. And apart from that it is also a lot of social networking. So we would
be very glad if as many people from italy as possible came to London :).

Until now there is a missing link to many southern European activists. We would
be very happy, if we could get in touch with more people from Italy (and Spain,
and France, and so on ... ;-)

> Could also be interesting to involve some people from Italy
> whom work specifically with the Wi-Fi infrastructures...

Yes, of course!

> I have visited your website and the Wi-Fi event should be
> next October, aren't you?

Yes, it will be beginning of October 2005 (01.-03.10.2005). It will also be a
preparation for a very big event we want to organize in October 2006 in Goa.
Last year we had a very international meeting in Djursland/Denmark. There the
idea was born to leave the western world and organize a meeting in one of the so
called developing countries. We stick to this idea and now we are really willing
to make it happen in Goa/India 2006. That will be the real World Summit. The
London meeting is also ment to be a European preparation for this meeting. We
will need all kind of support to make it to India in 2006.

We would also be very pleased if you could spread the word about the London
meeting and our grassroots approach to organize a world summit with participants
from all over the world for the free exchange of ideas and practical knowlidge
about Free Information Infrastructure in Goa 2006.

> All the best
> Tatiana (from AHA project)

Thx again and I am very happy to meet you and others from Italy in London!

JuergeN