[wsfii-discuss] Berkman Center Paper

Paul Sanders paul at state51.co.uk
Tue Nov 1 12:14:05 UTC 2005

In case anyone missed it, this came in the Berkman Center mailout...

[2] BERKMAN UPDATES
===================

*In Support of Open Standards: Release of the Open ePolicy Group
Roadmap Report*

The Berkman Center released the Roadmap for Open Information and
Communication Technologies (ICT) Ecosystems on Sept 9. The Roadmap
demonstrates how to build our technological environment to foster
interoperability and growth. From the report: "Technology’s
transformative power has always been a source of great expectation
and challenge. Today, globalization, fueled by information and
communication technologies (ICT) is rapidly changing every society.
Our drive towards globalization creates a new set of unique demands
on government, business, and our everyday lives. Increasingly,
decision makers in all fields are looking to technology to provide
solutions and drive desired changes by commingling local, national,
and global resources in innovative ways." The Roadmap was produced by
a collaboration of public, private, and non-governmental experts from
every region of the world, all of whom joined together under the
auspices of the Open ePolicy Group.

Prof. Charles Nesson presented the report in Washington, DC. To find
out more, please read his blog post: <http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/
nesson/blog/?p=82>
The report: <http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/epolicy/roadmap.pdf>