[wsfii-discuss] Re: wsfii-discuss Digest, Vol 9, Issue 8

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Mon Nov 7 19:29:40 UTC 2005

> Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 15:47:21 +0530
> From: Arun Mehta <arunlists at softhome.net>
> Subject: [wsfii-discuss] Wireless Technologies Shine in Hurricane
> 	Aftermath
> To: Discuss list on the World Summit on Free Information
> 	Infrastructure	<wsfii-discuss at lists.okfn.org>
>
> have the community wireless people who worked in the aftermath of Katrina similarly
> documented their efforts? I would appreciate links. What lessons can we draw from the
> experience?
> Arun

alas, we don't have the marketing/PR department that folks like Intel have.  ;)
  we have attempted to collect some information -- early info is at:
www.cuwireless.net/katrina -- later info has been moved to the
www.radioresponse.org website.  there's been a lot of talk about the need to
document the lessons learned and we're just waiting for folks to either have the
time or for grant funding to come in to make a project of things.

--sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
Policy Analyst    *  Project Coordinator  *  President