[wsfii-discuss] Wsfii above and beyond?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Wed Nov 23 17:25:39 UTC 2005

hello,

i submitted a Wsfii-themed talk to the O'Reilly emerging tech
conference and got back a 'you are being held in a queue, please send
begging letters justifying your emergent importance to Rael at this
address...'

One thing i'd like to be able to say about Wsfii.London is that it
came to spawn other Wsfiis in other places. Quite a few were talked
of. I gather that for both local and remote funding reasons we are
just not going to manage a Wsfii.Mumbai for January of this year.
(Though the 'wireless roadshow' will still happen there?)

Any word on other Wsfiis which are in certain-concept or even planning
state would be welcome ;) Perhaps this is begging the question of why
one would want to stage a Wsfii. Personally i hope to look back
proudly on the London one for many years; i especialyl appreciated the
opportunity to witness and listen to people from very different
contexts, though dedicated hackers in their own fields, talk to each
other...

Er anyway this is intended as the mildest of incitement ;)

-jo