[wsfii-discuss] Worldchanging article on Complementary currencies

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 14:01:35 UTC 2005

Hi,

One of my favourite blogs has a post on complementary currencies.  I
don't necessarily agree with everything that is said in it but it is a
good starting point for discussion and introducing people to the
ideas.

My favourite quote is "It allows you to take a systems-thinking
approach to social engineering, instead of a central-planning approach
(which historically requires significant overhead, fails to respond to
change rapidly, and has difficulty being comprehensive.)"

Systems thinking is exactly what makes me interested in CC as a way of
dealing with issues that the market has failed to handle.

http://www.worldchanging.com/archives/003575.html

--
Mamading Ceesay

"Isn't a state that keeps files on innocent persons a police state?"
-- David Mery - Innocent In London http://gizmonaut.net/bits/suspect.html
 Radio Interview with David Mery
http://radio.indymedia.org/news/2005/09/6963.php