[wsfii-discuss] Worldchanging article on Complementary currencies

Paula pmg at gmx.co.uk
Thu Oct 6 16:28:35 UTC 2005

Well, so far my economist friend hasn't responded  but I am, indeed,
expecting to be told I'm an old hippy with a touching, if misplaced,
faith in human nature! - I'll let you know ;-)

I'm personally a big fan of microeconomic community solutions and ol'
fashioned stuff like credit unions . . . And also think that such
schemes can be a powerful example which, even if not adopted wholesale,
offer practical solutions to specific probelms and, maybe more
importantly, vision which inspires wider social change.

Paula