[wsfii-discuss] Fwd: [Fsf-press] Software Freedom Day

Karel Kulhavy clock at twibright.com
Wed Oct 12 15:41:39 UTC 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 04:37:38PM +0530, Vivek Varghese Cherian wrote:
> Quoting Mamading Ceesay <mamading at gmail.com>:
>
> > On 05/10/05, Nagarjuna G. <nagarjun at gnowledge.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > No he didn't.  He practiced a method of protesting by civil
> > > disobedience to fight the british.  A part of the freedom movement was
> > > how to make salt on owr own, without depending on the british, and how
> > > to make cloth on owr own without depending on the imported mill cloth.
> > > These are good illustrations of how technology could enable people
> > > develop a culture.  So we adopted that spirit and gave the call: let
> > > us weave our own code.
> > >

> > Had a discussion about Gandhi in another context.  From that it was
> > clear that his methods/approach are still relevant and should be
> > studied/practiced today.  I hadn't thought his work didn't have a
> > direct bearing on the sort of things I get involved with but now I
> > think I should read up on him.
> >
> > --
> > Mamading Ceesay
> >
> > "Isn't a state that keeps files on innocent persons a police state?"
> > -- David Mery - Innocent In London http://gizmonaut.net/bits/suspect.html
> >  Radio Interview with David Mery
> > http://radio.indymedia.org/news/2005/09/6963.php
>

> Mahatma Gandhi's autobiography is titled " My experiments with truth". In the

Did he do really any interesting experiments with truth and if yes, what
was their result? I am too lazy to chase and then read some proprietary
book, especially in the light of the fact that I don't have any time :/

"The truth is far more powerful than any weapon of mass destruction."

Jeepers creepers - holly jumping shit! It's even more powerful than this
50-Megaton bomb? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba

As soon as superpowers start arm races in truth, the world is definitely
doomed! :)

CL<