[wsfii-discuss] re-scheduling the community currency panel plan

Saul Albert saul at twenteenthcentury.com
Sat Sep 17 23:18:04 UTC 2005

Dear all - esp: Rufus, Jo, Mamading, Keith, Shekhar, Richard.. anyone
else effected,

I think we need a simple solution to recently highlighted scheduling
issues that doesn't involve a day-change at this stage... so my proposed
solution is:

1. We swap the Open Civic Information panel (currently 14:00-15:30 on
   Sunday 2nd) with the Community Currency panel (currently 1600-1700).

2. We extend the late afternoon session from 16:00-17:00 by half an hour.

2.5. We therefore are able to provide an extra 30 mins during / after the
   panel which gives us a good opportunity to do something interesting.
   Possibly relating to 'The Hitman's Dilemma?' I'll email Keith about htis
   off-list.

3. We decide that Congress: WSFII 2006, sheduled for 17:30 onwards *is*
   our 'meta' panel and that's where we schedule talks and presentations
   from Gavin Hill from FFII.org , Tav and the Espians, Arun Mehta - wsfii
   2006 Nagarjuna - gnowledge.org, and maybe, from what you were saying jo,
   a software meta presentation (?).

We will have to ask the following people if they can make the change:

A). The 'can you move to 16:00 - 17:30 crew:

* Heather Brooke -
* Stefan Magdalinski
* Francis Irving and Julian Todd - The Public Whip
* Chris Lightfoot - MySociety
* Katy Andrews - NoLondon2012

B). The 'can you move to 14:00 - 15:30 crew:

* Mary Fee - Lets Link UK
* Keith Hart - The Memory Bank
* Richard Kay (TBC) - Multi Registry Systems
* Hugh Barnard - CCLite

C). The 'can you present from 17:30-18:30 onwards' crew:

* Gavin Hill
* Nagarjuna
* Tav
* Arun Mehta
* jo? alexei? other 'metas'

Some of you are on this list :) please reply here! Those that are not -
we should email off-list. I propose this list of contact
responsibilities:

- group A). Rufus
- group B). Mamading / Jo
- group c). me

We could do it tomorrow and re-convene after all responses are in (Monday
or Tuesday hopefully) to finalise.

Keith - I hope that's organised enough for me to qualify as an anarchist,
although I prefer the term adhocrat.

Cheers,

Saul.

--