[wsfii-discuss] 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHZ bands will be de-licensed inNepal

john wilson johnresearch at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 17 09:25:45 UTC 2006

Mahabir- congratulations on your efforts!

Even if agreements in principle have been given, I would anticipate some
time before government regulatory and legal matters are resolved. Will a
formal procedure be established to meet these public policy aims- as well as
establishing a timetable and ensuring transparency and accountability of
process? If so, I'd suggest setting up a monitoring website that presents
the relevant information and allows the press and various stakeholders to
follow this process. This is a clear matter of the public interest (digital
divivde, remote internet access, etc), which should gain press attention-
and this well help keep the process under scrutiny and provide a pressure
for a reasonably timely resolution.

Good luck!

John
http://openspectrum.org.uk