[wsfii-discuss] Re: [wsfii-coord] WODIV Workshop April

Vickram Crishna v1clist at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 28 08:21:09 UTC 2006

Yes, this is better here at the discuss list.

I am sitting at my computer now doing my mail,
listening to my iPod shuffle over an FM radio, using a
Veronica 50mW kit I put together. The 'random'
playlist setting delivers an incredibly 'radio'
experience (where someone else selects the order of
songs).

Aside from adjusting the input level from the iPod
wheel, to match the sensitivity of the Veronica,
everything else is straightforward. Kloschi told me in
Dha'sa it is a terrific idea to use a USB mixer when
the playlist is being done live on a computer, because
the input channel selection is handled smoothly with
hand-operated controls. Such devices are not available
in India, though of course we can get both
professional and consumer analogue and digital mixers
here.

Incidentally, I don't really need to have my music
transmitted via a radio, but I did want to make sure
that everything was working well for (shameless plug)
the Banganga Festival in Mumbai, Jan 6/7, 2007.

Please do let me know if any of you can make it: the
concert takes place with 100 receivers distributed
around a beautiful stone-stepped spring water pool. I
think we have a few folk after Dha'sa still in Goa, so
if you can come up to Mumbai, it would be great to
show you how a huge concert (audience size 4,000)
works on such rudimentary technology.

Vickram