[wsfii-discuss] Re: AmIWsfiiOrNot picture competition (Jo Walsh)

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Tue Jan 24 05:51:58 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 10:24:14AM -0800, Marina Vishmidt wrote:
> In response to Jo's posting, sidestepping for a moment my role as fearsome editor of aforesaid publication, I just wanted to mention (having posted this to the list, but some time ago) there's a teeming plethora of WSFII pictures at http://www.nodel.org/wsfii/

ah well, i had to make an attempt to gauge other peoples interest ;).
that seems to be a problem with talking to a lot of people at once;
no-one thinks a request is meant specifically for them. (and few
people have as much Copious Free Time as i do at the moment...)

http://flickr.com/photos/francois/47781815/ i liked a lot - a photo taken
from the balcony, of the Wsfii.2006 organising sphincter.

http://flickr.com/photos/hiperactivo/55892429/ has a certain something.
as does http://flickr.com/photos/hiperactivo/56988173/ , but it's all
about the colours, and maybe wouldn't translate so well to greyscale.

I have a clear memory of seeing a brilliant picture *somewhere* of
Luci Eyers soldering a bit of a Ronja. ah, it was in clock's gallery:
http://images.twibright.com/tns/1bae.html

and http://chinabone.lth.bclub.org.uk/gallery/d/11493-1/Image003.jpg
has to be my favourite wsfii picture of all, though i am not sure how
well it would shrink down in a publication - it might be all burger,
no limes.

i added a part II / rider to the mutating text at
http://okfn.org/wsfii/wiki/WhatIsWsfii - Lewis Mumford put it a lot
better than i could, 70 years ago; his words just need reprojected.

i would like to thank Marina at this point very much for all the
running she's been doing getting publication material together. I will
be really interested to see how Mute's PoD production process works
out, and it would be great to have a few physical copies to wave
around at Emerging Tech in early March.

-jo