[wsfii-discuss] the cooperative way for India?

Balaji G balaji_g1947 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 6 11:35:09 UTC 2006

Hi John, Vickram, Vijay and all

Vickram has rightly summed the issue as

> "The lack of design of a mechanism to spend the money is at fault".

So it is do with money.
And distortions to the game begin here.

John has zeroed it further to

> "whats required is an effective and sustainable building mechanism-"

And that remains the million dollar question, which no one has been able to
solve, except for some clues in Mr Mishra's article.

Let us  pause, and ponder if  there is and where is the hope ?

Having said so, I also say that finding solutions is imperative.  As Vickram
says, design of solutions-mechanisms for money have to be found, and these
have to be found amidst all the givens  i.e. Lack of interest of corporates
and private industry, performance  of government inititaives, etc.

What should these mechanisms be ? I have my doubts on the scaling of
community based approaches, but one must develop the area further, as well
as explore other mechanisms.  Hope is in strenghtening the energies of
communities as against burdening them with another development task, which
is easier done by Government and moneyed industry.

Balaji