[wsfii-discuss] interesting new stuff from FON in Spain

vvcrishna at radiophony.com vvcrishna at radiophony.com
Mon Jul 17 07:27:35 UTC 2006

http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=33937

"A Spanish Internet company is selling a million wireless Internet routers for
just $5 each*. But there's a catch: Buyers must share their wireless Internet
connections with their friends, neighbors, or even total strangers. It's all
part of a daring plan to create a nationwide WiFi network on the cheap."

Reading further I see this is FON, and I have seen some 'interesting' comments
about them on this forum, but (being in India) I don't know what raises humour
or hackles re: FON. Do share.

Vickram

*Plus $8 shipping fee