[wsfii-discuss] Done great coordinating WSFII meeting

bjarke at djurslands.net bjarke at djurslands.net
Sat Jul 29 21:05:29 UTC 2006

Excuse me if you have received this mail before on the WSFII coord list :-)

Dear Everybody  !  :-)

European coordinators of WSFII have had a great meeting with the new
coordinator of the Air Jaldi Summit.

>From 10 AM until 5 PM, Tuesday, July 25, 2006, all the following
individuals met in Berlin to coordinate the preparations of the two week
WSFII in India starting the 22.nd of October 2006:

* Juergen Neumann, Freifunk.net, Berlin, Germany. (Host for this
coordinating meeting).
* Alexander Klosch, Weimar.Freifunk.net, Weimar, Germany.
* Fred Pook, MagIP, Goa, India (also Holland).
* Julian Priest, Informal, London, England (also Denmark).
* Klavs Bryld, DIIRWB, Djursland, Denmark.
* Bjarke Nielsen, DIIRWB, Djursland, Denmark.
and
* Laird Brown, TibTec Centre in Dharamsala, (also Toronto, Canada and Munic,
Germany).

I was appointed by the participants to write this e-mail to everybody
specifically on the organizers future communication.

So this is not meant to be a minutes of the meeting, but before I bring my
specific e-mail message I just want to tell everybody on this coord-list,
that in my perception the meeting dealt with all issues of concern for
WSFII and the Air Jaldi Summit. - Laird were informed in detail about the
history and nature of WSFII and told about the history of TibTec, Air
Jaldi and the exile Tibetan society in Dharamsala. - In a warm consensus
the meeting succeeded in finding solutions which satisfied all the
participants. - These solutions will now be promoted in each their
relevant connections :-)
Laird will Friday move to Dharamsala to do the job as the daily
coordinator of the coming global event in October and November. It was
very nice to meet Laird. We all had a nice smooth, but yet direct
communication, and I trust that Laird is the right man on this demanding
task, and that he will do a great job coordinating our efforts.

But back to my task. I was specially appointed by all the participants of
this meeting to make the following appeal to everybody:

Please everybody, let us fundamentally bring the full information and
whole range of communication about the preparation of the Air Jaldi WSFII
in Dharamsala back to the open wsfii-coord at lists.okfn.org where it
belongs.

Explanations:

For several understandable reasons communication and information about the
coming global summit gradually left the WSFII coord-list, and went
unnoticeably into closed trusted circles. This way - unwillingly excluding
the open WSFII community from direct access, information and participation
in the preparations - a lot of engaged and trusted WSFII people have been
offended. - This was not at all meant to happen.

To grow, the global WSFII community needs to be open, - so all the
participants of the international meeting in Berlin hereby globally ask
all coordinators, organizors and activists to do a little extra effort to
correct this closed-ness. - Concerning information and communication on
the preparations of the global WSFII, we ask all of you to always
communicate through the wsfii-coord at lists.okfn.org, if the message at all
can be shaped in such a way that it becomes feasible to do so. In this way
everybody interested will get information access, overview and ability to
contribute to the organizing of the global WSFII.

Of course communication on private matters don't belong on an open list,
so other means of communication apply then, - but we just want to request
to everybody to consider wsfii-coord at lists.okfn.org as their first choice
of communication, if at all some extra attention in formulation makes it
feasible to communicate openly. - Also we want to request that you
consciously care to report results from private protected communications,
the moment it becomes feasible, to share the knowledge and make everybody
informed and coordinated.

If somebody forgets or don't know about this preferable open way of
communication - to inform and coordinate everybody, and anyway sends out
information which does not need privacy, to a closed group, and you are
one of the recievers, then please take steps to friendly remind the sender
of the policy of openness in communication, and ask them to forward the
information to the wsfii-coord at lists.okfn.org.

Also everyone can keep informed, participate and contribute in the
planning of the coming global WSFII at these wikis:
http://summit.airjaldi.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
http://summit.airjaldi.com/wiki/index.php/Shaping.WSFII.Workshops

Fred will organize that efforts is put into keeping participants on
wsfii-coord at lists.okfn.org up to date informed about the developments at
these wikis.

With Smiles for Everybody :-)
Warmly