[wsfii-discuss] "Hack Your Own Conference" talk at ETech

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Mon Mar 13 15:07:36 UTC 2006

Last week, Rufus and i gave a talk at the Emerging Techology Conference
called  "Hack Your Own Conference", in which we talked a lot about the
Wsfii.London organising experience, and about some of the underlying
philosophy or vision in bringing the different streams together there.

http://blog.okfn.org/2006/03/09/talk-at-etech-06/ links to the slides,
http://frot.org/devlog/2006/03/12/presentations-from-etech/ links
to a .torrent file that someone there made of us talking.

I heard quite a few people use the term "unconference", i am not so
sure i like the word that much, overt denyingness-of-what-it-is-not, i
suppose it is better than "counter-". But there seems to be a
zeitgeisty sort of buzz around the idea; i think we inspired a few
people to hack their own conference on similar terms.

jo