[wsfii-discuss] Academic Research - wireless

Tracey P. Lauriault tlauriau at magma.ca
Sat Nov 11 15:03:35 UTC 2006

At AirJaldi Summit there was a request for academic research on the
topic of Wireless projects.

Here is a project in Canada, that has previously been mentioned on this
list, but worth mentioning again.

Canadian Research Alliance For Community Innovation And Networking (CRACIN)

    * *There are a number of working papers here -
      *http://www3.fis.utoronto.ca/research/iprp/cracin/publications/workingpapersseries.htm
          o Here is a paper on *community wireless
            network/infrastructure project Case Studies* in Canada -
            http://www3.fis.utoronto.ca/research/iprp/cracin/publications/pdfs/WorkingPapers/CRACIN%20Working%20Paper%20No%206.pdf
          o This is about an how one group is building an ict
            infrastructure for other community groups in Montreal -
            *Hugo Gervais* - who attended the summit worked for
            *Communautique* -
            http://www3.fis.utoronto.ca/research/iprp/cracin/publications/pdfs/WorkingPapers/CRACIN%20Working%20Paper%20No%2010.pdf
    * *Excellent Annotated Bibliography* -
      http://www3.fis.utoronto.ca/research/iprp/cracin/publications/pdfs/wips/cracin-bib_bell.pdf

Vic and David, I have contacted the PI on this Social Science and
Humanities Council of Canada funded project and will hopefully meet with
her soon.  I hope you can share some of the academic work you are doing
here, Vic, if I recall you were looking at setting up some case
studies.  Would be good to collaborate on these.

Cheers