[wsfii-discuss] guifi.net featured at El Pais

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at guifi.net
Thu Oct 5 18:21:33 UTC 2006

http://www.elpais.es/articulo/portada/Noticias/Gurb/red/inalambrica/libre/conecta/23/municipios/elpcibpor/20061005elpcibpor_2/Tes/

El Pais is the daily newspaper more sold in Spain. The article also
appears in today's paper edition at the front page of their supplement
for technologies (CiberP at is)
That's in Spanish, so hopefully can have a larger audience.

I believe that is a very good article. Talks about real things we do,
etc, although the journalist did a few inaccuracies, like saying that we
are nin 23 municipalties (really we are in more, 23 are the ones who
have contributed in some way), and gave us the title of the "largest
free network in the workd excluding enterprises and universities" (don't
ask me what they mean exactly, we're in a campaign for connecting
universities also!, and we just try to empathize the network commons
characteristics).

Just in the hope that could help in gaining momentum. Here the people is
thinking in making a press release when we reach the 1K operative nodes.