[wsfii-discuss] Press Release: guifi.net has reached the thousands!

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at guifi.net
Tue Oct 24 15:50:24 UTC 2006

Thanks Julian, we do fully share same points of view. I think this is
never will an old thread, instead is one of the main topics.
Just let me add a few comments. I'm seeing quite often when talking
about service providers over neutral.networks people do imagine we are
talking about global big ISP. And really that's a part of the story, but
not all.
We are experiencing that the openness facilitates a much varied
ecosystem of small and medium enterprises, and that's a quite obvious
opportunities. In fact their support is a key, although their
investments are quite limited or localized to their interests, by
aggregating them is a key of success.
By that I mean just network participants, such as farmers, or very
likely any activity with dispersed but local branches or facilities,
like small retailers etc, as well as the universe of service
professionals and local companies who provide services to those SME as
well to the citizens.
On neutral networks in some cases they can find better ROI and even
better quality of service.
And this have to be taken instead of a competitive issue (neutral
networks never can compete against anybody by its own nature), as a
prove that help in enrich local business in a fair environment.
For going there, neutral networks have to gain some credibility, and
very likely a current battle is there.

Ramon.

En/na Julian Priest ha escrit: