[wsfii-discuss] Fw: [GCA] microsoft out of India

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun at gnowledge.org
Thu Sep 7 11:00:22 UTC 2006

On 9/6/06, Jo Walsh <jo at frot.org> wrote:
> dear wsfii'ers,
>
> I'm having an interesting time this week in Timisoara, Romania at
> http://eclectictechcarnival.org/ , a women-only hacker camp
> co-organised by the genderchangers group in amsterdam. (This is the
> first one I've made it to; I hear Paula was at last year's.)
>
> Here's some India-related FOSS news from their list.

This is a result of the movement FSF India initiated with support from
Trade Unions, Teachers unions and Teachers Assosciations and other
social organizations in the state which helped the Govt to take this
positive step.  FSFI recently developed a special distribution based
on Debian for schools in Kerala and training thousands of teachers in
the state.  It is a massive training program of free software for
teachers, possibly may not have happened any where in the world.   We
do hope this will sustain.

Nagarjuna