[wsfii-discuss] Canopy

Vickram Crishna v1clist at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 17 03:27:08 UTC 2007

A community group has had a Motorola Canopy system donated in a rural network, with what I suspect is middling results - somewhere around 1 Mbps, over what is largely relatively short distances (6-10 km), clear line of sight.

The system is not new, and as far as I can understand, whoever installed it does not seem o be actively involved in maintaining it. I have been talking to the network people about upgrading it with mesh, and training the local people to run it and maintain it themselves.

Are there some specific discussions I need to have for replacement of the current system, or should I only talk about network expansion?

Vickram
http://communicall.wordpress.com
http://vvcrishna.wordpress.com