[wsfii-discuss] WNDW red book? where is it gone ..

Fred Pook fredpook at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 09:30:49 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I am in Hampi, Karnataka, South India at the moment for 2 weeks
helping to establish a better access to the Internet and discussing
possibilities to set op a local acces Mesh network. See
http://dharmatv.blogspot.com/ if you like.

I am struggling here in my guesthouse local email shop to get the
Reliance fixed wireless from Reliance, India to work better ...

I thing I found out today is that most (and specially reliance) DNS
server are slow. overworked and badly maintained. I switched to
www.openDNS.com DNS servers and it did wonders for the speed, already.

Next step is getting all the viruses and spyware of the other
computers... Any helpful tips on a free effective antivirus solution
for Windows machines... AVG ?
People here are not going to switch to Ubuntu here, sorry, so don't
flame me for working on Microsoft software.

Anyway the WDNW book i now have downloaded but i am really in need of
the "Red Book" but can't find it online. What happened ?

Thanks Freddy