[wsfii-discuss] RE: Trainerspot Webinars: A Potential tool to spread wsfii ideas to Africa and Developing World

Jeff Buderer jeff at onevillagefoundation.org
Wed Jun 20 21:15:50 UTC 2007

Asif,

>The train begins in Kenya and moves towards
the rural areas whereby medical help is provided. I would like to add ICT help
>and hopefully through the grant get broadband. I would need to hire locals for
the portions of the grant.

Do you have a detailed document about Trainerspod that I could review?

My thought would be that this could be something that because it is operational project could be a good foundation for seeking a grant for the development of a wireless network along the rail line that Trainspod operates on. Then networks could expand from the wireless node at each stop.

>If we could encourage speakers on the topics you have
recommended below we can discuss how to develop the topic into >something of
interest to Africa. Anyone interested please contact me at asif.daya at trainerspod.com

Yes Regarding the presentation...I am wondering if we could have some volunteers here to help us put together a presentation for the Webinar.

>Yes I understand it is not just about wireless (although as
you know I am interested in Wi-Max to push the country forward) >but also about
ICT.

I would be interested to hear feedback from some of the folks here regardign WiMAX verses 802.11

>Yes, I understand the need for exchange of flow of
information and the problems faced at each end. That is why I choose >Elluminate
- it can accept very low bandwidth for communication. I had someone log-in at
28.8K modem once from Africa!!

Sounds good. Of possible relevance...I have been in communications with Soft Foundry (http://www.softfoundry.com/home.php) regarding their low bandwidth video conference technology.

Jeff

[...]

You can see some of the archives at: http://www.trainerspod.com/CMS