[wsfii-discuss] info

Vickram Crishna v1clist at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 12:20:06 UTC 2007

Hi

Sorry for that over-quick reply - on reading the rest
of the mail, I noted Eric is also working on steerable
antennae, which will certainly make the setting up of
a long distance link much easier.

Is the engineering of phased array still rocket
science? Anyone here know how comparatively expensive
it would be to use phased array antennae instead of
pure high-gain directional antennae (which can
sometimes be really cheap, but not always, depending
on the climate/environmental conditions)? It would be
great if the electronics could be burned to an EPROM -
and that task may be something that wsfii-ers could
take up at the hobby level, like OLSR.

http://news.com.com/Intel+modifies+Wi-Fi+to+add+mileage/2100-7351_3-6170713.html

> Vickram

Vickram