[wsfii-discuss] TV documentary

marco marco.pompe at web.de
Wed May 16 11:12:13 UTC 2007

hi all,

i have found a small TV production which wants to portrait the community
wireless globally, but with a focus on certain aspects and regions, as
they say for the funding of this project it needs an exciting header and
pictures which have some kind of entertaining qualitity. dont get me
(them) wrong, they are not this "sell out" type of journalists, but
realistic enough to know what is working as a TV documentary. In fact
they are human rights activists as well (Sabine Schreiber, Gerd Fittkau,
Berlin).

so here are the questions: Does anybody have personal contacts to
wireless community networks in south america? and then also: What places
would u suggest for a shooting regarding to the need of entertaining
pictures like "WIFI community in the jungle, favela/slum ... "?

... to avoid misunderstandings: the production is not confirmed. We are
working on a sustaining concept and still dont have the funds to
proceed  ...

grts, marco (berlin)