[wsfii-discuss] batman license

Gregers Petersen ic at momu.dk
Sun Nov 4 16:45:51 UTC 2007

Axel Neumann wrote:

> I' ve considered that idea, but we are including lots of GPL based libraries
> (thanks to GPL). So we have to stick to the license. We can extend and change
> the code, but not the license. Actually, I am not an expert in this. Do you
> still belive that its possible to license the code under CC then?

I suppose it depends on the integration between the various
sources/libraries - but perhaps it would be legal to license the batman
source under something different from GPL, though I would assume it is
needed to ask someone who's able to identify the legal boundaries (maybe
the people from gpl-violations.org ?

--
Gregers Petersen
DIIRWB International-Coordinator