[wsfii-discuss] Intel backs wireless Africa plan (BBC News)

jeff buderer jeff at onevillagefoundation.org
Tue Nov 6 16:17:51 UTC 2007

Gregers,

I think often we see things from the perspectives of the grassroots not
being able to see the challenges of an exec running a corporation. So
the challenge is to develop a platform that enables both groups to work
together without compromising their positions to the point where they
feel they lose credability or face.

I also think that involves the realization that corporations do have to
connect their efforts with making money somehow in order to continue to
exist and that the job security of the people in these companies rests
on that. The key is that their way of making money that actually helps
average people to realize their potential and dreams instead.

Having said that, I think there is considerable evidence for making the
argument that at the present time that corporations overall primarily
benefit established classes and do not seriously consider the long term
future of humanity especially with regards to the downward trend in the
state of the environment. So the key is to figure out how to change the
business culture and that means building trust among the grassroots and
select corporate cultures that seem to have some authentic realization
that today's business and investment model is not sustainable
politically, socially, economically, culturally and ecologically.

I wrote a little more about this in my blog http://blog.onevillage.tv
more from the technological perspective of the Intel News headline though.
<http://gigaom.com/2006/08/04/green-wifi-to-launch-solar-wifi-in-india/>
Jeff