[wsfii-discuss] OpenHardware Meeting - Paris Dec.13th 2007

Gregers Petersen ic at momu.dk
Wed Nov 7 15:05:47 UTC 2007

Marten Vijn wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 11:30 +0100, Juergen Neumann wrote:
>> Hi all!
>
> Hi,
>
> That a great idea,
>
> Sam Leffler is working on something like this. ( Based EuroBSD congress
> Copenhagen)

Not quite - Leffler is working/has been working on a project based on
the use of common hardware, which is supported by the Linux kernel. But,
is is as such not really 'open hardware' in the sense put forward by
this initiative.

I'm here not stating that Leffler is doing anything wrong, I really
think he's doing very interesting work. But, it is just a different
'point of departure' - I've already forwarded the announcement to Sam
and I hope that this initiative eventually can unfold into a broader
platform for information exchange and collaboration.

Chz

--
Gregers Petersen
DIIRWB International-Coordinator