[wsfii-discuss] guifi.net awarded by the government of Catalonia

Juergen Neumann j.neumann at ergomedia.de
Thu Nov 8 12:27:26 UTC 2007

Hi Ramon,

congratulations! I'm very happy to hear that, and I totally share all your assumptions:

> Personally I would say that this is an outcome of a combination of
> several things, like a good job of lots of people, got a
> multi-thousand member community, using the right approach in terms of
> networking model (participative, open and neutral), and, of course,
> an outcome of the support we've got from the international
> communities, like the SAX-WSFII event we had this summer so please,
> consider that this award also goes to all of you and your communities.

The latter is a big honour, as I think we all just hang out, enjoyed the hospitality, the beautiful landscape and the enormous amounts of good food! ;-)
I'm glad to see, that it may have helped to attract some more public attention, as I think that this is key to the WSFII strategy! Visiting each other, making friends and giving it all a bit more international flair. We know that in our own environments it's sometimes very hard to be the prophet in the own country. But as we share the same visions it's easy to help out each other in this game of public interests. It's a hack! Of course we had some good panels and workshops, too, but to me that was just a good side-effect.

All the best to you and all the nice people in your community - please say hello to them and my sincere congratulations to all of you for the great work you have done over the past years!

Juergen