[wsfii-discuss] Fwd: [india-gii] wireless connectivity.. Is802.11n the end of ethernet?

roland mfondoum2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 07:24:06 UTC 2007

<michel.memeteau at gmail.com> said:
> it's totally different , FON is selling people bandwidth

If that's the case does that mean you cannot buy FON equipment and plug it to your own Connection without using their bandwidth?

I think FON and Meraki are doing a great job. they are providing facilities to extend a commercial or non-commercial hotspot or wireless mesh using what ever bandwidth you have.
Roland

On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 08:28:16 +0200, "michel memeteau"
<michel.memeteau at gmail.com> said:
> it's totally different , FON is selling people bandwidth , Meraki is
> selling a service for managing your Free (or not)  mesh hotspots.
>
> if you thought the business model was the same . you have to explain .
FON is selling a service for selling your (Free) mesh hotspots. ;-)
read what Marten Vijn told.....
Not sure if I got it right , are you ironic ?

It's not a problem htat it sells foneras. but the foneras sets up as paying hotspots for 99 % users down the street . Some people seems to avoid this when presenting the FOn thing

--
%<------------------------------------------------------->%
Michel memeteau
VOIP | Visio: sip:freechelmi at gizmoproject.com