[wsfii-discuss] fon/meraki/community meshes differanciated .. (was: Re: Fwd: [india-gii] wireless connectivity.. Is802.11n the end of ethernet?)

kloschi kloschi at subsignal.org
Mon Oct 1 19:35:41 UTC 2007

Hi Roland,

On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 05:30 -0700, roland wrote:
> Thanks for the differenciation.
> I do understand you can buy FON or Meraki equipments and plug it on
> any available internet connection and extend your coverage.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly ..

In general, yes, you can use fon or meraki or _any_ wifi enabled network
device to extend an static (or for correctness, also dhcp managed)
network.
you cannot extend mesh networks by the default config and with the
default firmwares.

I hope that answers your question.

kind regards,
kloschi