[wsfii-discuss] Idealist.org Podcast about NYCwireless

Dana Spiegel dana at nycwireless.net
Tue Aug 26 19:32:01 UTC 2008

(Sorry for the cross posting, but figured this is relevant for a few
different lists)

Idealist.org has posted a podcast interview of me (Dana Spiegel) and
Laura Forlano talking about NYCwireless and the work that we do. Check
it out!

http://www.nycwireless.net/2008/08/idealistorg-nycwireless-podcast/

 > Most of us probably think of using the internet as a solitary,
indoor activity. NYCwireless thinks differently.

 > In the latest Community Podcast, we look at how NYCwireless is
working to bring the internet to everyone in New York City, both in
and outside of their apartments. By “lighting up” public parks with
free wi-fi access, the organization is helping New Yorkers to connect
outdoors–and encouraging a new community of users while they’re at it.

 > We talk with Dana Spiegel and Laura Forlano from NYCwireless to
hear more about their mission and projects. We also explore the
challenges they face as they strive to make internet access an
accepted public service.

--
Dana Spiegel
Executive Director

Read the Wireless Community blog: http://www.wirelesscommunity.info

NYCwireless is a non-profit organization that advocates for, and
enables the growth of free, public wireless networks