[wsfii-discuss] Wireless-N USB antennae

Adrian Dabrowski adrian at atrox.at
Mon Jan 14 00:29:33 UTC 2008

I'm not sure, if the mimo techniques involved in 802.11n like spatial
beamforming and spatial encoding (multiple path) will work, when you
change the characteristic of the antenna from integrated-omni to such a
totally diffrent thing like DIY-directional or similar. especially in
long haul links, where you can only use the direct line of sight for
transmission, there is very little room left for multiple links.
other N-techniques like the increasment of the subcarriers, the lower
overhead, broader channels & co nevertheless will bring some more
performance.

looking forward for the first tests.

adrian
(funkfeuer.at)